- I sort of woke up in the middle of the night, and couldn't move. I was shaking uncontrollably and my heart was beating so loudly. There was white noise in my head and all of a sudden this presence said that i had 5 seconds left. i was petrifiied but finally managed to move my toe, say 'uuuggnn' then i managed to say, 'mum' and then it all stopped. help please!
- —Guest Anonymous
Sleep Paralysis or being Possessed?
- I have experienced this since I have been 13...I am now 20 and it has only gotten worse. I experience it at least once a month now and it just keeps getting more and more frightening. I always imagine that I am the girl from the exorcist and that a devil is trying to take me. I feel the devil push down on my body and I can't stop him. I try screaming for help but nothing comes out of my mouth. I always start praying to Jesus and last time I even pictured Mary coming to me. I am petrified and always so scared to fall asleep! It's the worst and most frightening experience ever :(
- —Guest Sondra
I hate it!!!
- I just had a nap and felt a presence at the foot of my bed then it rushed up to meet me then the whole paralysis thing ensued. This was more dreamlike than others I've experienced. I have an uncle that hallucinated that a cat scratched his side and woke up semi paralysed. His condition detoriated till he wasn't able to walk. He died a few months later. I hate hate hate sp because you have no control over it and reading some people's experiences fills me with despair as I get it fairly regularly and I really wish it'd stop. It's also terrible that there's no real explanation : ( : (
- —Guest Char
Something Crawling in my bed.
- While I was sleeping at night i felt something crawling on my bed making its way to my back, but I could sense it and I couldn’t move, when it reach my back it did something but I felt a huge energy drain like something was taking the life out of me, finally I was able to move and awake but I felt really really tired and with a sort of whole in my back I never felt like that ever, I pray and I fall sleep.
- —Guest David
- I have had a hand grip my side- it's painful, but no marks are left. I've had a presence push past my bed, and the whole bed shook like there were two individuals engaged in a struggle and they were hitting the bed. At one point- while I was completely awake- I felt a force grab my head and jerk it to one side, I had no control over my body. I've learned that if I can manage to say "Jesus" it all stops instantly. One time during sp i was being pinned to the wall by a hand on my throat with my feet off the floor. I was barely able to whisper the name of Jesus and it was instantly over. I've had times where i was awake and feign overwhelming fear and I repeated over and over again, "Jesus Christ is still Lord!" And the fear leaves. Whatever these experiences are, they are afraid of Jesus.
- —Guest Natanomde
I have no idea wth happened :(
- Ok I don't know where to begin. I fell asleep for a couple hours. Then woke up and went downstairs with my gf and went to sleep. Before I fell asleep I heard like a dog gasping and then where her dog ( Lucy) sleep on the complete opposite side she just took a deep breath. I ignored it thinking she walked around plus I was really tired. I was asleep maybe an hour and a half when something was like just had pressure on my lower back and was whispering something in my ear I was awake and aware and scarred to death, I tired to move but couldn't I tied to move my whole left arm and couldn't, the part that scarred me to death was I was like making a weird sound like really struggling I have no idea how to explain it because I've never experienced it. Now prior to this I had a weird dream where there was a trap and we died and were reborn pretty much and then it happened. A bit after I woke up I heard the chair rocking I thought maybe the dog gotoff of it but no she was I'm her bed sleeping:(
- —Guest Alen
- recently I have had trouble sleeping but always seem to manage. Tonight however was different, I fell asleep for 30 minutes and throughout those 30 minutes it felt as if I had woken up 3 times..to my surprise I was still asleep. I finally actually wake up and find my body completely frozen my hands can't move I tried shaking my head and it wouldn't move. I sensed a sort of weird presence at the bottom of my feet and immediately felt fear rush through me. I panicked and tried to wake up ad when I finally did my whole body started to shake, it some way it felt as if I levitated. I've heard of sp and I didn't think it was something that would ever happen to me, by far scariest thing ever. I'm just going to leave the lights on from now on.
- —Guest -Guest Sig
Sleep paralysis? Lucid dreaming?!
- Around 4pm i decided to take a nap. I fell asleep on my bed. I was home alone, my cat was laying at the foot of my bed and there was nothing but silence. I fell asleep instantly as soon as i laid down.. All i can remember is me being in a dark hugeee house and looking down the stairs. Then the setting changed and i was in my Own room. Looking at me sleeping. I turn and i see a dark figure in my closet so i walk up to it, but i couldnt really see it. Sonce my mirror is right next to my closet.. I looked at myself and my face was sagging and melting off. It was very scary and i basically.. Jumped back into my own body.. Then my phone rings and its my Dad i talk to him like as if i wasnt sleeping all loud.Thinking i was fully awake i go back to the mirror and i see the same face i saw before. I quickly run back to my bed again jump back into my body.Then my Dads girlfriend says shes leaving.. Idk when she ever came back. i later talk to my dad.And he said he never called. I was so scared.
- —Guest Amanda
- I am 15 and the first time it happened I was scared to death and hoped it never happened again but just lastnight I had one and I have no idea why but it was thoughly enjoyable I couldn't move or speak but I could see a person (I knew it was my dad but not sure how I knew) dressed in all white and I felt safe and protected I am looking forward to it happening again soon.
- —Guest Hey256
I was 15 and scared to death, now I'm 36
- The first time I experienced sleep paralysis I was 15 years old. I remember it like it was yesterday because that's how terrifying it is. I was laying in my bed and I remember my eyes shooting open but I was unable to move. Black fog filled my hallway and I remember just staring into the blackness eyes getting wider and wider.. I knew something was coming for me but when would it get there to kill me? This is how much fear I had. Trying to move, trying to relieve the 500 lb weight from my chest I was helpless, just able to stare into the black cloud that was literally suffocating me. The "man" appeared right at my face and opened his eyes as wide as mine were and screamed my name. It was at that point I was able to move and I found myself in the hallway breathing fast and completely terrified. Since that night I can't even remember how many SP episodes I have had..Until recently they were a random occurrence. Now I have them almost every night. the fear never leaves..
- —Guest veronica
- This happens to me quite often; but I remember one in particular. One of my elders told me that it was dark spirits when I told her; and she told me to pray whenever it happpens again. Fast forward, it was around 3 a.m it started. I quickly remembered my elder's words; I wish hadn't. My first word was "Jesus..."; and instantly this 'dark spirit' became angry. It applied more pressure on me til the point I had to gasp for air. 'It' kept me in that state for a good 20 minutes. What happened next was...I don't know what to make of it. I managed to faintly say "I'm sorry". And just like that, my body was mine again.
- —Guest Vike
Freaks Me Out
- It's happened to me several times. Just last night I had the longest one. I wake up but can't move or speak. I can hear myself screaming for help and I'm struggling to move. Then I feel something heavy on me and I freak out because I know what's to come. I get dragged really fast and is all dark. I think at times I get a glimpse of hell. I continue to be thrown back and forth, And then out of no where I see a bright light and I see a quick glimpse of Jesus. Then I felt reassured and then I can feel myself in my body but I still can't move our scream and then I am able to slowly open my eyes. When I wake up I feel tired and exhausted.
- —Guest MC
spirt or dream?
- Last night I woke up about 4:50 and I thought I herd something pass through my fan and I woke up. I suddenly closed my eyes and bam. My body wouldn't move and and I couldn't open my eyes. There was a bunch pelf preassure on me. Was it a dream. Or was it a sprit?!?!?!
- —Guest emily
- First off, my room is a small square. My bed is on the opposit side of the door and the closet is next to the door but on the other wall. My head rests on the opposit corner of the doors. I wake up unable to move but my head felt as though it was rising up to see what was happening. Everything seemed fine untill I saw this tall dark figure at the corner between the doors. My fear grew as it stood perfectly still then I started to lose focus and balked out.
- —Guest Alex
freaky but not horrifying
- maybe about every two weeks or . I cannot Hollis I cannot I do not hallucinate but I feel like my spirit is being sucked into somewhere else. I feel like I'm fighting it back though. As if hands are pulling my face back and I'm pulling my head forward stretching out my face. I stop feeling that then I can finally see what's in front of me buti struggle to move. I feel like as if I'm 100% capable of moving as hard as I can but I feel like I don't try.
- —Guest jordan