I think i just experienced SP
- Or i try my best to believe it was just that. This night, as it is a habit, i read before falling asleep. While reading i heard from time to time cracking sounds from the other corner of the wall where my bed is. I tought it's just furniture cracking or such. But later on i woke up arround 3, couldn't really fall asleep again, turned from one side to another, i felt and heared what was like a foot drumming next to my foot, but fast. It wasn't my foot, and i wasn't asleep, and i not only heard it, but also felt the vibrations on the bed, and i was not paralysed, as i almost immediately moved and shouted for help. I still don't quite understand what that was.
- —Guest just a girl
- Second time this has happened to me, Yesterday was a very hard day for me 7/26/2014 Earlier that day i cut my wrist down to the bone so i was super stressed. I had to recieved stitches. So when i got home i drifted off to sleep laying on my stomach i heard someone making farting noises which i thought was my two year old son i couldnt turn my head to see then i felt a tight squeeze on my wrist then pressure on my back, i couldnt scream or anything after it was over i check and find out that my baby is sound asleep.SCARY
- —Guest Ni Ni
It happened last night
- Well I was watching tv last night than like I dosed off to like a sleep/peaceful state of mind. I couldn't move nor talk. All I heard was this buzzing sound that will get louder than quieter. It started happening on the night of my Boy Scout trip and my great aunt died sumtime back. I felt this odd feeling and saw like a figure which looked like my aunt!!!!!!! This loud buzzing came in my ears than I regain control. I knew a lot of my close friends died and now it kinda like a trip to a spiritual state or a out of body experience. It's really not that scary no more. I prayed for closere that ill over come those death and I think that was a gift from god
- —Guest Guest Justin
- The first time this happened to me I was 13. I wasn't even in bed, I was watching tv with my older brother sitting next to me on the couch. I couldn't move or speak. I was so scared, I thought if I could just move my pinky, I would be ok. It seemed to last a long time,but I guess it was only about 1 1/2 min. Since then it's only happened about 3 times and always as I'm falling asleep. I don't hear or see anything but it has felt like something was pressing my shoulders into the mattress.
- —Guest Chris
Sleep Paralysis and Demon Voice
- I experience sleep paralysis from time to time, with no set pattern. This time, though, was particularly terrifying. I'd had to wake up to run a quick errand in the morning before I came back home to take a nap before getting ready for work. I went to sleep fine. When I "woke up," I couldn't move, but I think I remember trembling uncontrollably and I'd swear I heard a rather demonic voice (with noises behind it) mumbling to me. I couldn't see anything (I can't even remember if my eyes were open or not) but I heard it, even if, again, I couldn't make out what it was saying. When it stopped, I "awoke" as if nothing had happened, aside from being spooked and shaken at the ordeal. Still bugs me when it comes to sleeping. Terrifying....
- —Guest Brandon
Last night was so scary!
- I stay alone at home as my wife has gone to her mom place. Yestday night I was lying on my right side, facing the wall. I had blanket on me. Suddenly I had a feeling of being wrapped throughout the body. I felt like someone was holding me tightly from backside of my entire body. My left hand was resting on my right hand. As that strange feeling started to appear, I was slowly getting awake. I tried to move left hand and try to hit in anger but unable to. I tried to scream but unable to. For about two minutes I was helpless. Slowly my body started relaxing and I was having the feeling that the strange wrapping is now releasing slowly. Then I was able to move and saw nothing in the room. I slept on my back covering the blanket over my head. After an hour, I felt like someone is trying to pull my blanket to uncover my face. This time it was so scary. I tried to scream but no words coming out at all. After some time I force opened the blanket and saw nobody. I didnt dare to sleep aftr that
Held Down while screamed at
- About a year ago, I remember waking up in my slightly lit room, and I tried moving my wrists to turn off my alarm clock before it blasted my ears. I couldn't move... and then I tried my head, it was fixed to view over my bed. Then a shadowy blob with a head started to form and scream a shrill sound at me without taking breaths until I was able to suddenly move my left wrist, swing at the air and heard something fall off my bed, make a mess out of my drawings and crawl on some weird crab crawl out of my room, into the light. Then yesterday a similar felling occurred after my name was called and I woke up with shadows all over the walls, shaped like people, hearing laughter. My ps3 turned on by itself, despite me having nothing that could turn it on as my controllers are being borrowed, alerting me further. After dealing with that noise for what felt like 10 mins, I was able to get up and stagger to the lightswitch. The ps3 turned off, the noise gone, the shadows gone. sounds fun eh?
- —Guest Jon
Afraid to Sleep
- Since the early age of five I have experienced what I believed to be 'just a bad dream'. The dreams frightened me, I felt a large had cover my mouth and I couldn't move, my heart pounded hard and fast with fear and then I would wake up ,I was dreaming. One dream in particular I am running away from someone in a car-park and as they get closer I try to run again but cant move my legs my arms stretched out trying to pull away. As a teenager I would stay awake and read instead of sleep or do homework till my eyes hurt. I also stayed up late and watched TV. I was afraid to fall asleep. I shared a room with my younger sister and sometimes would lie in my bed and watch as she slept, waiting to nod off myself, morning arrives and I'm still awake, only now I feel tired and need to stop myself from falling asleep. This pattern of not sleeping got worse with time. My nights literally turned to days and my days to nights. I am 50yrs old now, and sleep is still a problem.
- —Guest Genevieve
- Last night while I was asleep, I dreamt of something dark and it started grunting words I couldn't understand. The first thing I did was to say the Father's prayers, and it went away.
- —Guest Nani
My "waking up" nightmare
- About 4 times a week I have a dream that I'm in bed, asleep and realise I'm dreaming. I can't move, can't call for help, can't nudge my fiance - there's nothing I can do. Then I wake up and am relieved until I realise I'm dreaming. I can't move, can't call for help. This continues for 4-6 cycles and it's a horrifyingly powerless experience. Recently, (as if this in itself isn't scary enough) other things have been adding to these dreams: I'm asleep and my tv turns itself on and I know I'm asleep but the tv is getting louder and louder but my eyes are closed so I can't see who is doing it. Then I "wake up" and the tv is not on but I see a man in my doorway and realise I'm still sleeping. He gets closer and closer and I can't wake up. Then I "wake up"... it's awful! I found that while I cannot call for help or move in any way that would alert my fiance I can control my breathing. So when this sequence starts I pant as fast and as loudly as I can and my fiance wakes me up.
- —Guest Michael F.
- Two weeks after I moved to a new place I was asleep in bed laying on my stomach. Then I felt someone sit down on my bed so I tried to turn to my back to see who it was when a large hand forced me back onto my stomach. At this point I got very scared and struggled hard to get on my back . then whoever was there was on top of me and I tried to gauge its eyes out while it began chocking me. Then my daughter began crying from her room and it stopped. I sat wide awake in my bed with the lights on for the rest of the night.
- —Guest carly
- Last night my partner and I went tobed as normal ...what happened next terrified me I actually thought I was dying I couldnt move and it felt like my heart was being crushed I can actually say in all my years on this planet I have never experienced anything like it before .but whats even more spooky is my partner experienced it two I did actually think that we had been abducted by aliens we both laughed it off untill I saw the square marks on my partners back !,I am to scared to go to bed. I have to say that I have never been so terrified as I was last night I wouldnt want anyone to experience that it was profound
- —Guest Maggie
I think Iv'e just experienced SP
- I was lying on my bed just relaxing and started to just drift off. I had a short dream that I was playing a video game. And then it felt like I opened my eyes/ awoken and I felt someone hit me in the side of my face. I could not move and opened my eyes again and felt the same whack on my face. I heard the voice say "Im just standing around", then I heard this extremely loud buzzing noise inside my head and my face and hand muslces contracted. I tried opening my hands and couldn't. Then my eyes opened again and I was fine. Was this SP?
- —Guest Ryan
It Whispered In My Ear
- I honestly don't know what this means or why it is happening to me or is it just another case of a "Bad Dream". Anyway , last night I was asleep on my left side facing the wall but it was like I was looking in a mirror while lying down everything was fine until I saw something black I couldn't make out what or who it was , I paniced but I couldn't move AT ALL it whispered in my ear like a person I could feel it in my ear I couldn't make out what it was saying I was scared it whispered for a good min I tired my best to move couldn't be finally it went away I woke up but it felt so REAL then I turned on the light for a bit and the TV on and didn't go back to sleep. really scarey to me.
- —Guest Autumn
What is going on
- Last night i was sleeping and it felt like someone started to climb on me. They started from my feet and started moving up ward towards me. I tried to call out and I couldn't, it was like my mouth was muffled and I couldn't open my eyes. This is the second night this has happened The first night the cover had been taking off of me,and there was no one there
- —Guest confused