Sleep paralysis visions
- About a year ago, sleep paralysis struck me at about 6am whilst laying on my back. I felt a vibrating sensation however, I didn't really feel fear like I normally do so I was calm and just waiting for it to be over. About 5 seconds later I saw a white angel appear hovering over me only to be staring at me. I did feel frightened not because of the prescense, but because of the supernatural experience happening before my eyes. It almost seemed like my white curtains had somehow transformed into hat angel. Soon later, another white angel appeared before me eyes which scared me even more, keep in mind they were just hovering. They looked like human statue angels, but what made this phenomenna more interesting is that it happened on a special day where my religion (christian - orthodox), required me to fast for that day (meaning not to eat meat. Moments later, I woke up and was terrified to sleep since this was the first time I actually saw things during sp. Questions firstname.lastname@example.org
- —Guest neshko
leave me alonel:
- This shit is weird its dark and compresses my body it used to choke me and let me go but now it just compresses me it happen a yr aqo but now there more frequent its fuckinq scary i talk in my sleep but it aint me its :them: idk y or wat they want my sistr sed i was sleeping once and she saw a black shadow hunched over me watchinq me sleep once i havent seen it but i dnt want 2 its scary its like it wants to control me but it dusnt let me move its just ther i cant move or speak i hear a ranging or electric sound tho ..help?
- —Guest sleep paralysis
Worst Feeling Ever
- When I was little, my grandmother would tell me the worst stories and EVERY night I would fall asleep after a few hours of cowarding and then would 'wake'. I would then spend the REST of the night in the S.P. I just wanted to scream.
- —Guest Guestus
happening more often
- It 1st happened when I was 17 was asleep an felt like someone sitting on me and I couldn't move, had to really concentrate to move my body. Its happened quite a lot over the years. But recently got worse I'm 33 now. I've felt like I've been dragged out of bed and round my room. Also sometimes hear loud noises. Once I've woke up which sometimes feels like forever after a lot of concentration I go straight back to sleep then it happens again, so now I have to sit up and wake up properly. Its getting scarier cos its happening most nights! I knew its sp but today I decide to look it up and now reading everyones stories I don't feel so alone with what I'm going through. Still srares me though!!
- —Guest kath78
Scared and tired !!!
- Its been going on since I was about 23, im now 31. I didnt know what was going on with me. I didnt want to tell anyone because I thought they would say im crazy. I didnt see a doctor because I didnt know how to explain it. It happens to me about once or twice a month, but sometimes it happens once a day. I wake up, but I cant move, I cant open my eyes, or even my mouth to scream for help. I used to panic, and felt like I couldnt breathe. But now I try to relax, and tell myself its gona be ok. The only thing I still fear is that when it happens I feel that there is someone in the room with me.. Watching me. Something evil. As crazy as it sounds, its true. I sometimes cant believe it myself, so how can I talk to anyone about it. I broke down in tears because I just cant take it anymore. I fear to go to sleep sometimes. But now I feel relieved that I am not alone. After I did some research, I now know I can see a doctor and not sound crazy. I pray every night that I can get over SP !
- —Guest Tito
- so I am 14 and i googled this because i am scared. Around 3 or 4 am sometimes, all of a sudden i can't move my body. and i hear voices in my head... like im being dragged down to hell. it feels so powerful. i then scream in my head ; " take me to heaven god " and sometimes i think i even say the words outloud. it then goes away usually and then i can't sleep because i am so freaked out. i dont know what to do, and i am happy i'm not the only one.
- —Guest me
- In the 16 years that I've lived, and for as long as I can remember, I've experienced these paranormal like "dreams" almost every night of the week. Only one of these dreams has stayed in my memory and terrifies me every time if think of it. That night I had gone to sleep with my sister. I woke up, and found that i could not move. So i stayed still and waited for it to be over like the rest of my "dreams". It was taking a long time. While waiting I heard, what I think was, a woman. I closed my eyes really tight, I didn't want to see her. I felt her climb on me. She then commenced to choke me. Usually I can't move when this happens, but I moved my arms a bit and could actually feel this things arms. They felt scaly and rough. Then i heard it speak. It wasn't any language I've ever heard,Nor could i distinguish if it was a female or a male speaking. This was the worst experience of my life. I woke up to find my sister had tried to wake me but could not.
Feeling a demonic presence..
- I didn't know what sleep paralysis was untill yestureday. I think I have experienced this before, on many occasions actually. But, it's a little different. The scariest time was about a month ago when I feel asleep on my back, which I never do. I usually fall asleep on my stomach. I "woke up" and opened my eyes, looking aorund my room, but did not move. I didn't feel paralyzed, but idk because I didn't try to. I suddenly felt chills, and felt a dark, demonic presence open my door and enter in my room, so closed my eyes pretending to be asleep. I felt it get closer, and got so close, Icould hear it breathing heavily over me. My heart was beating really fast, and I started to feel pressure on my chest and arms, still pretending to be asleep. I could feel the covers being pulled off of me.. i don't remember how got out of the trance.. but I thought I was being possesed or something. I'm so glad I found out it's SP. I thought I was the only person who has experienced this.
- —Guest Kaitln
- In my dream I was in a large dark room that somewhat resembled my room (apart from being FAR bigger and covered in random clothing piles and furniture). In this dream I lied down in bed, then as soon as I lied down my vision went into third person and I was looking at myself laying there and large stylized letters appeared over me "Time to wake up, Ryan" some of the words were crossed out and I can't remember them now. That's when it happened. I woke up staring at my pillow, my vision went shaky and gray and I was shivering, like I was cold, then I heard really loud screaming in my ear for a good ten seconds before I was able to move. Easily the most frightening experience of my entire life, and this was the first time it ever happened to me.
- —Guest Ryan
Ghosts and Demons - Have a laugh
- I don't mean to stamp all over other people's opinions but I am shocked some people are considering ghosts and demons, I always assumed the old hag and the tall guy in the suit (two of mine) were remainders of a dream that I hadn't quite woken up from - I see things when I'm deprived of sleep two but again I KNOW these are hallucinations. I don't see them all the time - only when its dark in my room because although I hate to admit it at 25 I'm still afraid of the dark and sleep with a hallway light on, maybe this is my problem, my dog sleeps in my room also, these I think are all issues I need to look into futher. My problem is I fall asleep at 12ish (earliest) dependant on when I go to bed and wake up at 6am, in this time I wake up periodic every half hour or so and these small interuptions are really starting to affect me at work because I can't consentrate. I've been this way for the last 15 years but it's been worse (that I remeber) in the last 2 and I'm not sure what to do?
- —Guest Danielle
one of many experiences
- I sleep earlier because I'm very tired. I suddenly hitting my pillow and enter a dream. In my dream, I'm lying in a very strange room (looks similar to my room) but suddenly I felt someone push my back and I'm start flying fast. The episode change very fast. Now I suddenly in my bathroom with no light and someone starring back at me in the door. I woke from my sleep but I can move my body for a few second untill I regain control of my body
- —Guest Andhanu
- i don't know if it was a type of sleep paralysis or not.. But when i was alseep i felt like i had woken up, but my eyes were closed, i could feel my arms, legs, body but i could not move them, i didn't feel scared and i didn't see any hallusinations, and i was not lying on my back, after about 10 seconds i felt like i was falling to sleep again and when i woke up i almost forgot about it. I believe that Sp is a spiritual thing, no amount of science will ever be able to explain it, I'm just happy i believe in God, and that he always protects me no matter what. =)
- —Guest M
Its just happened to me :-(
- I just fell asleep on my side with a blanket over me on my sofa in the middle of the afternoon, I then started having a freaky dream, a man & his small child with red eyes were looking in the mirror, felt very evil. Then i thought id woken up, tried to move my arm in front of my face but it wasn't there, tried again, really started freaking out now, i could see!- i could see the coffee table in front of my face, but my arms wern't there. I felt my legs thrashing about. My legs felt heavy, What seemed like an age, i kind of jerked my body & told myself to MOVE!. When i finally did 'wake' the flipping cat was lying on my legs! And i hadn't moved a muscle from when i fell asleep! This is one of the most frighening things thats ever happened, so glad i'm not alone. i think it maybe because my daughter started driving yesterday on her own since passing her test, & i have been a nervous wreck ever since! Thanks for letting me share my experience too. Hope it doesn't happen again
- —Guest Rachel
i was only 6.
- i am 12 years old now but when i had my first experience when i was 6 one night when i suddenly woke up and i tried to get up but i was like paralysed eventually i got up but my body didn't follow it was just my sight i went down the stairs i went to my dog i could see him but he couldnt see me suddenly i felt a force pulling me back and before i knew it i was back in my body lying in my bed and i could move i thought it was a really weird dream so i went back to sleep when i woke up i couldnt move again thats when i saw them the creatures three of them they looked human but something about the way they moved and spoke told me that they were some kind of alien they walked up to my bed and started stroking my face i tried to scream and move but i couldnt i was stuck They moved away from my feet and i relaxed beacuse i thought they were leaving but they grabbed my feet and started trying to drag me out of my bed i knew i couldnt move but i tried anyway i eventually kicked and they left.
- —Guest GuestOrla108
Scared to sleep
- I've experience SP a few times in my life & it was always when i was laying on my back. I woke up but all i saw was darkness & i was so scared, i could hear children laughing & i felt something was in the room with me.. This is such a scarey thing to experience, all i can do to awaken from SP is tell myself in my mind to wake up & force my toes, fingers, any part of my body to move until i fully awake :(
- —Guest Bob