hospitals and ghosts
- I have had over 50 cases of Sleep peralysis, and quite a few of them involve my worst fear, needles, or else a strange entity that I call Alexis that touches me and says to join her in evil. It constantly freaks me out where i m at the point where i don't want to sleep ever again.
- —Guest Christian Woods
normal for me
- I suffer with sleep paralysis frequently, probably 1-2 per week is about normal. sometimes when i am particularly stressed it can be more frequent than that! I had my 1st sleep paralysis experience when i was about 12 yrs old. I had woken in the morning as usual but i couldnt move, i could move my eyes and i could see clearly but i could not move an inch. I was terrrified and tried to break out of the paralysis but i just couldnt move, i couldnt even take a deep breath and when i tried to shout i felt i could open my mouth to speak but no sound came out! I could hear my dad talking to his freind at the front door, i heard eveything they said! In the end i gave up fighting and relaxed and it felt as though i was being pulled into the bed and i could feel my breathing becoming shallower like i was barely breathing at all! i thought i might never wake up! my dad confirmed that i hadnt been dreaming it as i had heard his conversation! I was scared to sleep as a child, but u get used to it!
- —Guest Zoe c
It just happened not even 20 mins ago
- I was falling asleep listening to some music then all of a sudden I was in some apartments my old bestfriend used to live at. I was walking around going to places I didnt even know were there. Until i began to realize it was getting creepy, so i began to run but i wasnt running i was flying/gliding through everyone. Right after i was back in my bed & i felt a bunch of pressure on my back, & someone/ something choking me. My grandma said to start praying everytime it happens so i did. 'm& it was beginning to let go until i got frustrated & forgot the prayer. It came back right away & it felt like it was dragging me towards the entrance of my room. Until i remembered i have a cross on my necklace & i was holding it while kept repeating it to help me w/ whatever i went through. Then it let me go & now im awake reading & posting about this .
- —Guest J_Carlos94
- You can say whatever you want about how sleep paralysis works but the terror it brings me is more crippling than anything I've ever experienced. It's happened to me regularly since I was a teen (I'm now 30) and it always has the same effect. It starts with me being awakened suddenly, by a presence the leans on the bed next to me. It's a large shadow that I can't quite see and at first I feel safe but when I realize my body can't move I dive into a desperate panic. It watches me, it laughs at me, it knows it has control and revels in it. When I awake shadows move around the room and the howling is defining. I am in no way religious but the answers offered to me simply don't add up. Either I am totally crazy or something unexplainable haunts me. I don't just see it and hear it... I feel it. There is nothing in the known world that scares me as much as this thing.
- —Guest the worst
HOW CAN I GET IT
- well you people dont want to have it.but i want to get Sleep Paralysis.Sleep Paralysis is a helper or first state of OBE or Astral projection.im trying to get it for 1 year but didnt get it.if anyone know how to get it please post here.thanks
- —Guest O.O
SP and something else D':
- I think there is more than one type of SP, since september 2011 i've come home from college and go to sleep for like 3hrs, and i would often go to sleep and be able to wake myself up after a while, and sometimes i could think "wake-up" and i would, but it would often take a while before it happens, and then one time when i was asleep at around 2am i had dreamt that i was walking to my bathroom, despite earlier on feeling slight anxiety about going to the toilet that night, and i opened the door without even using my hands ( how cool) and then i felt this darkness come on my eyes and mouth and i couldn't speak at all, and i felt completly terrorfied, and the only thing i could think to say was "Jesus!" and it took a few times before it actually came out and when it did i could see again and i felt lighter, and then i felt like i physically jumped back into my body as i had saw the light coming from my laptop which was seated on my bed below me which was really weird, didn't sleep again.
- —Guest Adonai
- this keep happing to me sometimes i hear people talking ,,,,sometime i hear foot walking in my room,,,,this even happen with my eyes wide open ,i cant talk or move the only thing i can do is ask god to help me please ,,,and even when i do wake up its like am being forced to go back to sleep ,,some times am afraid to go back to sleep.the only thing i can do is go and wash my face ,,,,some people says .your soul is gone for a walk some say that your mind is awake but your body is not awake some say its nightmare or bcz u sleep on your back how can it be nightmare when it happens to me broad daylight no matter what side i sleep on it still happens,,,,i know alot of people that it happens to
- —Guest jody
- So i just experienced this last night. The thing that scares me is that my mom was murmured by her husband a few weeks ago and then killed himself. Im so freaked out): i couldn't move or talk. I keep thinking Its him coming after me but i know my mommy is protecting me.
- —Guest aschu
Happened to me last night
- in the middle of one of the most lucid dreams I have every had I had woke up, I could not no matter how hard I tried, (example: close yours eyes and try to open them at the same time but do not open them, it was just like that exactly but I was absolutely trying to open them. ) my arm was above my head and I could not move no matter how hard I tried. then i fell back to sleep into the same exact dream. Weird stuff.
- —Guest Bryan
The Overwhelming Feeling
- I was lying on my back and resting for a few minutes with my eyes closed. All of a sudden, I had a vivid hallucination that was so tactile and so vivid. I felt like something was crawling into bed and it laid on top of me. I tried to wiggle away from it and get free but I just couldn't. It was so vivid, I heard something whispering in my ear and it was the most intense sense of danger like I was about to be dragged to hell. I woke up in a daze and I called my husband who calmed me down. Only then was I able to fall back asleep.
- —Guest Dina
- I have sleep paralysis once every couple of months. Had one last night in fact where I appeared to be actually dreaming (I am usually aware of being semi-conscious), I sometimes manage to tap (at least I think I am) my partner with my hand, but it's enough to wake him and then he wakes me. Other times I just manage to wake up, either way, it's a relief when I do. I've not often had the scary, evil presence feeling though. I just feel like I'm too heavy to move.
- —Guest Sarah
- in my sleep i can't move and shout during past 10 years pls give solution
- —Guest ss
Relax about it
- I've been getting sp for years. At first it used to freak me out but now I can almost bring it on for fun! When I first started to get it I would have a vibrating sound in my ears & the only thing I could move were my eyes & mouth. You try to snap out and this makes it worse. Once you relax into it it fades off or you just fall asleep. I suggest concentrating on your breathing and just stay calm. I opened my eyes once and saw things I cannot fathom! So I keep them shut. Now I can feel it coming on, especially if I've had a hectic w/end and didnt sleep well. When it comes on now I sort of play with it. I know I have it because I pretend to roll out of bed and when I don't hit the floor & I can fly around my room then I have some fun (until I fall asleep). There is always a presence in the room and it can actually be quite erotic. This morning I had it 3 times and each time I thought my fiance had been in to check on me. When I woke I asked him & he said he hadn't! Dont worry
- —Guest Tartar
- I suffered these symptoms a few years ago. I was scared stiff to fall asleep and was desperate to find a cure. I realised that it nearly always happened if I had taken an afternoon nap that day,I also realised that when I was coming out of it , it was as if the demons etc melted before my eyes, then I realised that my eyes were perceiving things to be there before I was fully awake so I tried this trick, I tied something black or dark coloured around my eyes as I went asleep and I can honestly say I have never had one since, I stopped having to do this after a while and then I think because I stopped anticipating it the episodes stopped. It was undoubtedly linked to stress I was very anxious and stressed in my life at the time. I think being physically tired before bed time helps too.
- —Guest Joan
- Unfortunately, I have sleep paralysis often. Something in a half dream half wake state is holding me down or an evil is coming at me. I try to move in an attempt to wake myself out of it, but I can't. I can't scream or sit up to end the terrifying feeling. Finally, after a long period of time, I snap to it and wake. When I get it, it will recur every time I fall back to sleep. I'm afraid to go back to sleep, the experience is so horrible. I just read here that it may be because of sleeping on my back and because of my dog and cat pinning my body with their snuggling. I'll try to get back to sleep on my side. G-d, I hope it works.
- —Guest pwalmd