A prescence or dream
- I agree with Bendita and mira. I have had Terrors and paralysis all my life first memory age 3 with little men at end of my bed to the worse of everything , I wake think i am safe only to find it carrys on. But What I cant explain is waking to someone coming upstairs and banging on the room door I then try to wake the boyfriend and a voice projects from him while he does not move saying in the most stomach pitting voice saying leave her alone. I also have woke to same noises on occasions i had a lodger in next room who shouted out after a while asking if i heard it then came in to me scared. So what scares me is if i was alone i would of thought was one of my usual nightmares . So is there something more going on, Over the years so much has happened how can a dream leave slashed heels, burnt hand, scratches, items moved. I genuinely think their are forces involved and you are fighting in your dream against them so hard it follows through to your waking, I pray through these episode
- Happened to me even when i wasn't sleeping on my back. Just woke up to discover that im completely paralyzed whilst positioned left side.
- —Guest Narsim
Sleep Paralysis Dream
- Hello I am 14 years old and I've been having a dream every night I go to sleep for the past couple of weeks. I feel like my body is tingling and I cant move or scream. Trust me I've tried so many times. It feels like someone is holding my chest down. It just got to the point where im terrified to sleep in my room. And yes I just woke up crying from one of these dreams.
The White Mask
- I've been dealing with sleep paralysis as far back as I can remember. When I was younger, however, it would only occur as I was waking up. My eyes were never open. So i never had to chance to hallucinate. REcently, paralysis has been happening to me as I fall asleep and I kid you not. You guys know. This has to be the most frightening thing that could happen to a person who just wants a good night sleep. I feel a pounding on the back on my head, accompanied by a loud whistle and my eyes hurting. My body doesnt work. I can only move my eyes. And each time its something different that I see. Last night I saw a White Mask levitating over my bed. I couldnt call for help. All i could do was cry. I'm 19 years old and nothing ever makes me cry. I was SO frightened that all I could do was cry. Lasted for about 10 minutes.
- —Guest Muhammad
my personal experiences
- I should first say that I don't have any advice and that I'm seeking help myself. I've had sleep paralysis twice. Both experiences were very different though. The first was about a year ago. Pretty much a text book case. I woke up on my stomach and couldnt move. I felt an evil presence in the room and a body laying on my back. I had this sensation of a straw sucking fluid from the back of my neck. All the while, my eyes were involuntarily fixed on a Nosferatu poster in my room. It was utterly terrifying. I didnt know anything about sleep paralysis and thought it was a spiritual experience. Ive since learned about SP and have just been hoping it wouldnt happen again. It just did. This time was way more vivid. I was having a dream about getting harrassed by two officers. They took my shoes and my nose ring for fun. I protested about the nose ring because the hole closes up really fast. They started laughing and then I passed passed out (in the dream). I remember the officers coming
- —Guest P.S. Nichols
- hi im 17 and i had a crazy one this morning ,i was awake laying down in my bed and i thought about going to sleep but i remember that every time iwake up in the morning and go back to sleep i get sleep paralyis ,so this morning iwas even sleeping because ididnt want to have one but got one any way with my eyes wide open and every time i have one theres always this powerful when blowing behind me but today it was very strong so strong it almost blew my eyelids down but i try moving my thumb and it worked and icould move but the wind got stronger and all of a sudden i could see piece of my feet and a sock wierd and it so funny how you guys say it happens from sleeping on your back when i have them every week and i do not sleep on my back at all and it is not a disorder because why does it seem so real,and most times i have them wide awake with my eyes open looking at somthing like a chair or wall second the only way i get out of them without death is threw prayer and jesus christ himself
- —Guest jade
- LAST NIGHT I FEEL ASLEEP ANSD SEMI AWAKENED, IT FELT LIKE SOMEONE WAS HOLDING ME DOWN,I TRIED TO SREAM MY FRIENDS NAMES BUT HEARD IT ONLY IN MY MIND. I COULDNT MOVE SO SCARE. I PRAYED CAME OUT OF IT TURN ON MY SIDE FOUND MY SELF THERE AGAIN THIS TIME HOLDING M SO TIGHT I FELT I COULDNT BREATH. STARTED TO PRAY. I HAVE WOKEN UP TO MY NAME AS IF SOMEONE BENT OVER AND SAID ANGEL IN MY EAR, BUT IT DIDNT FEEL THEATING AT ALL. I ONLY DONE THIS A FEW TIMES BUT LAST NIGHT IT FELT LIKE SOMEONE WAS HOLDING ME SO TIGHT, EITHER TO HURT ME OR TO SAVE ME FROM RUNNING TO SOMETHING EVIL. iM SCARED. Sleep Parisylas is very scary
- —Guest angel bosten/MCCOY
controlling the paralysis
- i've been having sleep paralysis for year..and it different ways,some are bit similar to the other stories i've heard. Yes!!it is terrifying not being heard or not being able to move or having negative entity close to you. I've learnt that saying ''I am divine love'' is a very powerful statement..as soon as you can remember to say that, you've realised that you are in a dream and you will wake up..There is no need to scream it out loud but just say it or think of it several times and be relaxed..thus because it is true!!you are divine love!!and sometimes that does not work but training yourself to sing during that experience can also help especially of you beleive in god..sing a godly song..I think what i am able to do is turn paralysis dreams into lucid ones.. PLEASE TRY OUT THESE TECHNIQUES as it was a huge help for me during my childhood and still is!!! I just thought i should share this!!
- —Guest mira
WTF Is going on???
- I've read about sleep paralysis but the way professionals explained it is not the way we experience it! Oh, they say it is perfectly natural and nothing is wrong! I beg to differ. I've experienced this for years and years. It started when I moved to the country with my parents. I would go to sleep and "wake" up. Eyes were open, body numb! As this is taking I saw three African children run on my bed and jump around me- I'm being 100% honest! I felt it and felt so real!!! I was young and never told anyone because they wouldn't believe me. My other experiences were hearing a man whispering and laughing in my ear and also saw black shadows across my face! Another was hearing one of my family members in the house opening and shutting doors only to get up and find nobody there. It really scares me but when I think about god and say I rebuke you it goes away and I wake up! I feel I will experience this forever and I don't like it, not one bit!!!!
- —Guest Scared shitless
Latent Memories Continued...
- I probably can't use more room, but this is my truth. As an aside to my previous writing, there are a few more aspects that are very interesting. I shared a room with my little brother and we had bunk beds. Friends always stayed over. My brother always knew about the episodes. At 28, I asked him about them. He always saw me crawling on the floor and crying, but could never help as he was paralyzed himself. He cries when i mention it to this day. upon moving to the top bunk, I would find myself on the floor, sometimes naked, after an episode. High bunk, never a scratch. My memory of getting down has never been available, with only partial counting memories salient. When friends stayed over it happened as well. Oddly, they never said anything, but upon questioning years after they both recall waking up to buzzing, with no movement or speech. They too watched scared as I dragged myself across the floor. Their memories were fragmented; they thought it was a dream. Thanks!
- —Guest Matt
- I haven't told anyone this. As a kid I would wake up and couldn't move, speak, or do anything. However, my level of anxiety was off the scale. There was an intense buzzing/energy/vibration that coursed through my body and filled my mind absolutely. Panic. After a few minutes the counting would start; the most horrifying part. It was in my head and it wasn't so much as a voice but a deep, visceral, methodical rhythm- a pounding, deeply moving and exhausting count. After another moment or two i could move a little and, in the nebulous haze of this experience, rolled off my bead and would crawl towards the door of my room to get out (with the counting building fear and a palpable, desperate feeling of an impending something). I never, ever reached my door; I would blank out and wake the next morning or, after what seemed forever in confusion with no conception of time, I would simply get up and get in bed. Never went to parents. Never talked. Most bizarre, it felt normal. Help.
- —Guest Matt
- I was just sleeping then i felt my head lift up and when I opened my eyes my head slammed in the pillow i felt two forces on the side of my head now i have a head ache
- —Guest Izzy
Sleep Paralysis or something else?
- I always experience being held down in my sleep... oh wait, I'm half awake. I know what's going on. Sometimes, I feel like something/someone (sometimes it's not just one) is pulling my hands over my head, sometimes my feet... sometimes I was being pulled down my bed and dragged to my bedroom door. It didn't scare me that time, until I happened to read all your stories here. Sometimes it/they hold my neck like trying to kill me. There's this time when I am forcing myself to move and wake up by saying a prayer, then I heard them talking in different languages I don't understand, but there's this one voice that said "You're God can't save you." Is this just an SP? or are there really demons or dybbuks trying to possess one's body when they're asleep. I don't really believe in those, but it's making me freaking curious having all these night terrors.
- —Guest Bendita
- When I was sleeping n when I wokeup I tried to move n I could not move at all it felt like someone was holding me down It lasted for a min. Or two I was so scared
- —Guest msb
My Sleep Paralysis is so scary
- okay so i'm 14 and i have been having this for about since i was 12 it happens not every often but once in a while i feel as if something is in my room and i can't breath i feel like i'm suffocating it's scary and something presses down on my bed i can't move trying to scream is pointless but what i do is blink and blink also i can move one of my fingers sometimes i bite myself a little on the arm now this happens not when i'm asleep or just waking up it's when i'm wide awake and it scares the crap out of me i feel fear like something grab my heart and iced it i hate that feeling though it only happens a few times each year but still i would rather it not. That's all and i'm happy it's not some demon by my bed that makes me a little better
- —Guest shaelyn