Don't like it
- I had my first experience with sleep paralysis yesterday afternoon. I am 20 and I just had 3 midterms in one week for university. Yesterday was my first chance to catch up on sleep and so I had a nap around 12pm in the family room. At one point my sister woke me up, laughing + saying that I'm so predictable having a nap there. Later I woke up again...hearing my brother's voice behind me, poking fun about me being asleep. But I wasn't, and I wanted to prove it by saying "I'm not asleep!" and fling my arm back or something. But I couldn't. And I could see the TV was on and I could hear everything, but I could not move or talk. Eventually I realised that my brother was not even behind me at all, and I was hearing things. I became freaked out when I realized I might not be able to move ever again and what's wrong with me. I wanted to shout for my sister to help me but I couldn't. I was focusing on moving my leg and it wouldn't lift..scary thing.
- —Guest Kelsey
When I was young
- As a child I regularly has sleep paralysis. I would wake up and not be able to do anything, not open my eyes, not move or even breathe. So scary. I somehow worked out that I needed to breathe slowly and then I would suddenly be able to move a limb and then I'd be awake. Was very scary falling back to sleep as sometimes it would happen straight away, but since I left school I haven't had it, well... So far!
- —Guest Chazza
- I only researched this about half an hour ago but i'm glad i have now. Before this i was starting to believe in the paranormal. Unfortunatly i remember the first time it happened to me. I was 6 years old and i'd struggled to fall asleep. When i did i felt like i was being dragged under my bed (i was on the bottom of a bunk bed). When i did wake up i was actually under my bed fully. I'm 22 now, i have severe insomnia which prescription sleeping pills don't work. I have depression and seeing a councellor. I know that the first instance of sp won't be the cause of all that but it scarred me. it probably contributed though. I havn't had sp since then up until 4 months ago.
- —Guest ant
- I have had SP for many years, and have done some research recently. It seems that the auditory "hallucinations" I experience can not be scientifically explained. On two occassions two different people have heard the sounds during my SP experience. Ages ago when I was 17 I was on holiday and slept in the same room as my sister. I had a strange dream and as I started to wake a strong breeze blew over the top of me accompanied by the loud sound of an old school bell ringing. It passed and i wondered if my sister was awake..I said kim? And she said to me wow what was that loud ringing noise I just heard? she was freaked out. Another time I was staying at my friends house and the wind blew over me with the sound of a loud vaccum being turned on. After it finished I asked my friend if she heard anything and she did. She does not believe in supernatural so she said it was probably a crop plane, although she stated it was very unusual for that time of year! Anyone else had this happen?
- 12/02/2010 at 3:09 am Jeff,Gosh, that must have been creepy for the man and wife!! I've heard of people waking up with scratches and bruises, but that could have been self inflicted i suppose, but who knows.
- —Guest fMgnoDKzTciKbbgfsIU
hospitals and ghosts
- I have had over 50 cases of Sleep peralysis, and quite a few of them involve my worst fear, needles, or else a strange entity that I call Alexis that touches me and says to join her in evil. It constantly freaks me out where i m at the point where i don't want to sleep ever again.
- —Guest Christian Woods
normal for me
- I suffer with sleep paralysis frequently, probably 1-2 per week is about normal. sometimes when i am particularly stressed it can be more frequent than that! I had my 1st sleep paralysis experience when i was about 12 yrs old. I had woken in the morning as usual but i couldnt move, i could move my eyes and i could see clearly but i could not move an inch. I was terrrified and tried to break out of the paralysis but i just couldnt move, i couldnt even take a deep breath and when i tried to shout i felt i could open my mouth to speak but no sound came out! I could hear my dad talking to his freind at the front door, i heard eveything they said! In the end i gave up fighting and relaxed and it felt as though i was being pulled into the bed and i could feel my breathing becoming shallower like i was barely breathing at all! i thought i might never wake up! my dad confirmed that i hadnt been dreaming it as i had heard his conversation! I was scared to sleep as a child, but u get used to it!
- —Guest Zoe c
It just happened not even 20 mins ago
- I was falling asleep listening to some music then all of a sudden I was in some apartments my old bestfriend used to live at. I was walking around going to places I didnt even know were there. Until i began to realize it was getting creepy, so i began to run but i wasnt running i was flying/gliding through everyone. Right after i was back in my bed & i felt a bunch of pressure on my back, & someone/ something choking me. My grandma said to start praying everytime it happens so i did. 'm& it was beginning to let go until i got frustrated & forgot the prayer. It came back right away & it felt like it was dragging me towards the entrance of my room. Until i remembered i have a cross on my necklace & i was holding it while kept repeating it to help me w/ whatever i went through. Then it let me go & now im awake reading & posting about this .
- —Guest J_Carlos94
- You can say whatever you want about how sleep paralysis works but the terror it brings me is more crippling than anything I've ever experienced. It's happened to me regularly since I was a teen (I'm now 30) and it always has the same effect. It starts with me being awakened suddenly, by a presence the leans on the bed next to me. It's a large shadow that I can't quite see and at first I feel safe but when I realize my body can't move I dive into a desperate panic. It watches me, it laughs at me, it knows it has control and revels in it. When I awake shadows move around the room and the howling is defining. I am in no way religious but the answers offered to me simply don't add up. Either I am totally crazy or something unexplainable haunts me. I don't just see it and hear it... I feel it. There is nothing in the known world that scares me as much as this thing.
- —Guest the worst
HOW CAN I GET IT
- well you people dont want to have it.but i want to get Sleep Paralysis.Sleep Paralysis is a helper or first state of OBE or Astral projection.im trying to get it for 1 year but didnt get it.if anyone know how to get it please post here.thanks
- —Guest O.O
SP and something else D':
- I think there is more than one type of SP, since september 2011 i've come home from college and go to sleep for like 3hrs, and i would often go to sleep and be able to wake myself up after a while, and sometimes i could think "wake-up" and i would, but it would often take a while before it happens, and then one time when i was asleep at around 2am i had dreamt that i was walking to my bathroom, despite earlier on feeling slight anxiety about going to the toilet that night, and i opened the door without even using my hands ( how cool) and then i felt this darkness come on my eyes and mouth and i couldn't speak at all, and i felt completly terrorfied, and the only thing i could think to say was "Jesus!" and it took a few times before it actually came out and when it did i could see again and i felt lighter, and then i felt like i physically jumped back into my body as i had saw the light coming from my laptop which was seated on my bed below me which was really weird, didn't sleep again.
- —Guest Adonai
- this keep happing to me sometimes i hear people talking ,,,,sometime i hear foot walking in my room,,,,this even happen with my eyes wide open ,i cant talk or move the only thing i can do is ask god to help me please ,,,and even when i do wake up its like am being forced to go back to sleep ,,some times am afraid to go back to sleep.the only thing i can do is go and wash my face ,,,,some people says .your soul is gone for a walk some say that your mind is awake but your body is not awake some say its nightmare or bcz u sleep on your back how can it be nightmare when it happens to me broad daylight no matter what side i sleep on it still happens,,,,i know alot of people that it happens to
- —Guest jody
- So i just experienced this last night. The thing that scares me is that my mom was murmured by her husband a few weeks ago and then killed himself. Im so freaked out): i couldn't move or talk. I keep thinking Its him coming after me but i know my mommy is protecting me.
- —Guest aschu
Happened to me last night
- in the middle of one of the most lucid dreams I have every had I had woke up, I could not no matter how hard I tried, (example: close yours eyes and try to open them at the same time but do not open them, it was just like that exactly but I was absolutely trying to open them. ) my arm was above my head and I could not move no matter how hard I tried. then i fell back to sleep into the same exact dream. Weird stuff.
- —Guest Bryan
The Overwhelming Feeling
- I was lying on my back and resting for a few minutes with my eyes closed. All of a sudden, I had a vivid hallucination that was so tactile and so vivid. I felt like something was crawling into bed and it laid on top of me. I tried to wiggle away from it and get free but I just couldn't. It was so vivid, I heard something whispering in my ear and it was the most intense sense of danger like I was about to be dragged to hell. I woke up in a daze and I called my husband who calmed me down. Only then was I able to fall back asleep.
- —Guest Dina