If you find yourself experiencing excessive sleepiness during the day, you might want to reflect on this. What are the reasons why you feel sleepy? What causes you to feel drowsy or fatigued? There can be many possible reasons including inadequate rest, sleep apnea, chronic fatigue syndrome, and even less common disorders such as narcolepsy. Share yours. Share Your Reason
Sleepy and scare
- Ihave sleep apnea and a machine at home . but in the morning always sleepy and tired And when i watch a tv i sleepy all the time ..but is scary i fell mt face numb.my chi . my gums . i think is stroke i scareeeee this are new symtoms..help me pleaseeee
- —Guest alegria loor gomez
Found my cause
- I used to struggle with sleepiness after eating. Finally I found the cause to be food intolerances. After cutting out wheat, soy, shellfish.. it got resolved completely. I now feel like a normal person! If someone tells you that feeling very drowsy after lunch is normal, please know that its BS! If that were true, you would see everybody around you dozing off!
- —Guest Indianguy
Why I Feel Sleepy
- Probably because I've been in solitude since 2011 and I have absolutely no one or nothing to wake up for. This world has nothing for me. Absolutely nothing. And you know what? Absolutely no one in this world cares. So there. PEACE, LOVE, AND HAVE FUN B. :-)
- —Guest Bobbi Ysmael
Feeling always sleepy
- sleepingt from 11 to 6 every day. But feel sleepy always. i can't get up in the morning only by keeping alarms i get up. feel very tied, thirsty ect. can i know the reasons any diet, precautions ect., 334 years female.
- —Guest Nafeesa
- i don't know why i am tied so much lately? i go to bed early every night. like around 6 or 7. and still feel tied in the morning. and in class i tend to go to sleep. i dont whats wrong? im 15, and a male?
- —Guest carl
- It's weird when I'm working I feel fine once I get back in the car and my boss drive's away I feel tired I start nodding out trying my hardest to stay awake and its all the time even at home I have this problem any suggestions please I'm kinda a hypochondriac does this sound serious?
- —Guest Ray Patricelli
- I also feel alwas sleepy, this is detrimental to my office work. please tell me what to do, I think sometimes it is lack of sleep. I sleep only 6 hours in the night, is it enough?
- —Guest praneetha
tips on how not to feel sleepy
- in 10 mins I feel sleepy and my eyes close when i study or work. there are things I do to keep myself active.
1 I listen very very loud music,its better if they are fast song without lyrics eg soundtraks dance, not classic
2 drink lots of water and feel like going toilet but holdit in. that definately keeps me awake.
3 nap only in noon for not too long and as soon as you wake up drink ordinary black tea but no milk and leave the tea bag in. drink it in one go and don eat sugar
4 breath in out fast but hold it for a sec and relase. use your diaphram
make urself uncomfaortable some way but not too much obviously
I hope they will work for you like did to me. good luck
- —Guest moonlighthunter
- I see people accomplish so much in a day and I ask myself where do they get the energy? I have been to the dr had blood taken and been to sleep clinics. They say nothing is wrong but I can't get through a day with out a nap. If I don't get 10 hour sleep at night you don't want to be around me. I am especially tired after I eat. I find the only trick I can use to stay awake is to not stop moving. In order to do this I have to keep busy constantly. ..... which I refuse to do.
- —Guest sleepy mofo
after drinking energy drinks for a week
- Why am I feeling I'm not me for the past week, feels like I'm dreaming. I sleep a lot, like 12 hours a day, why is this happening? What can I do? Or is it from the pills that a nurse gave me? Am I gna be this for a long time? Or will it get away evetually? I neeeeeed an answer!
- —Guest MNagiyak
sleep sleep n sleep
- Am a student, rathet than studying my only job iz to sleep. In a day i probably sleep around 16hours constantly. Becoz f my sleep am even ready to quite my studies.plzzzz i need help! N 1 mre thng i cant even gve up my sleep :(
- —Guest sheikh fiza
I had a sleeping problem
- I was so confused for months, even years b/c I was sleeping too much and I had no idea why! My Dr's would give me different names of disorders, but weren't really sure if that's what I had. But I finally figured it out after 5 years!
After I was diagnosed with that rare neurological disorder Dystonia my Dr put me
on some heavy-duty pain meds. I'd don't
feel comfortable taking these pills, any
longer, so we started the process of weaning
myself off of these strong narcotics. So, now
that I'm down to the dose which is the minimum amount I can take, I'm no longer sleeping day after day! I know wake up every morning about 10am, and try to be in bed before midnight.. And I heard that getting up at the same time every morning is important in the process of making yourself a routine. I'm not only sleeping better but I'm doing better in almost every aspect of my life. Thanks, Suzy
im tired and want to die
- i get tired i told the gp that i was anerexic but wonderd why im not since i was told my bodie was normal i trie to be emo
- —Guest pnk
sleeping all time
- since last 1 week i m sleeping more than 12 hr than after feeling sleepy. i wake up in between my sleep bt i can't control my sleep.
hole the day i m sleeping.
suggest me what to do????
- —Guest Aquil
- At the age of 19, I had graves disease. they burned my thyroid and I've been taking synthroid since then. My problem is that I am always tired/sleepy. I can sleep 20 hrs straight and still wake up sleepy. I've had sleep study done and that's normal, had blood tested by rheumatologist and it's also normal, I was tested for narcolepsy, negative.PLSSS someone help me , I am in college and can barely stay awake. Studying is almost impossible. I have no social life because I am always too tired. I have gone to a phycologist and was told I am not depressed . I knew that but had to rule that one out. My dr made me try a pill that just stimulates your body. What a miracle drug!!! took one every morning and I was good to go all day. Soon after though, like 30 days, it started to be less efficient and 6 wks later it no longer had any effect on me :(
- —Guest caracondo